Franchise Innovations For You, LLC.Franchise Innovations For You, LLC.

FREE Coaching Service: E-2 Visa and EB-5 Visa Specialists.

Frequently Asked Questions about Franchising, E-2 Visa and EB-5 Visa

1. Our Services

Q. Is it really free?

A. Yes! It is an absolutely free consultation service. We will help you to find the right franchising partner and setting-up your business. In the case you need a visa; referring to an authorized attorney, we will advise you in this regard and we will be there with you every step of the way with you through the visa process.

Q. How can I get the free advice on franchising?

A. You may start by visiting our Franchise Directory. It is an organized list based on the industries as well as in alphabetical order so you can easily find interesting franchising opportunities among the trustworthy profitable companies we listed. There is also a featured franchises list on our Home Page, you'll find it interesting. Please feel free to contact us to discuss the full potential of your business.

Q. How do I contact Franchise Innovations For You?

A. We are based in New York. You can contact us at phone number 516-374-2178 or at e-mail address We also have a contact us page, you may send us a message through this web-page. Furthermore, You can fill-in the request form for Taking The Next Step. We will get back to you shortly. Don't forget to visit our updates on Facebook.

Q. What are the requirements for receiving free consultations on franchising?

A. It's really quick! Needs just one single form to be filled-in, here. It needs you to give us the following information:

  • Your basic contact information,

  • Your education,

  • Your business background,

  • Three franchise categories of your interest,

  • Your leadership and management skills,

  • Two references, who are not related to you,

  • Although, it's not compulsory to be provided at the early stage, it's good to let us know about your available capital and if we can help you Getting Funding for Your Business.

Have a look at Take The Next Step web-page, which is an easy form to be completed. We will reply quickly to your inquiry. Also feel free to contact us for any other information.

Q. How much capital do I need to have for franchising?

A. You can start up your business with as much as capital you have. Your capital includes but not limited to cash, savings, checking, money markets, home equities, securities (such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds and etc.) and retirement saving (such as IRA's and 401K's).

Please consider that the limit on the investment varies, if you are also applying for E-2 or EB-5 visa. The E-2 and EB-5 Visa Comparision Table show the differences between the limits of investment amount, which is at least $500,000 for EB-5 visa investment and $100,000 for E-2 visa investment.

We can help to calculate your available fund or getting fund for your business! You may explore our Franchise Directory and then fill-in the request form for Taking The Next Step in order to let us propose the best franchising options. Please also feel free to contact us for having a talk about funding your business.

2. E-2 and EB-5 Visa

Q. What nations are eligible to apply for E-2 Visa?

A. Based on the Treaty Countries list of the USA Department of State, residents of the following countries are eligible to apply for an E-2 visa:

Albania, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cameroon, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Kinshasa), Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Grenada, Honduras, Iran, Irelan, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Korea (South), Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Liberia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia the Former Yugoslav Republic of (FRY), Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Senegal, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Togo, Trinidad & Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom and Yugoslavia.

The updated list of treaty countries including their specific notes can be found here.

Q. The application process of E-2 Visa?

A. It is done in the following steps:

  • Approve the investment in the USA.

  • Apply for non-immigrant visa (application forms DS-160)

  • Apply for Treaty Investor (application form DS-156E).

  • Get E-2 visa.

  • Every 2 or 5 years apply for your visa extension through Petition for a Non-immigrant Worker (application form I-129).

Please note that the application can be submitted via USCIS Service Center if you are a lawful resident in the USA and through the USA consular office in other countries.

Q. How much do I need to invest for E-2 Visa?

A. There is no minimum amount specified in the E-2 Visa Guideline. Most of the successful cases invested around $100,000 to $150,000. There are some cases of $60,000 to $80,000 investment for E-2 visa, however, you guarantee your visa by investing more than $100,000.

Q. How long does it take to get E-2 Visa?

A. 3 weeks to 3 months, depending on which country you are applying from and how quikly you can collect and approve the required documents.

Q. How much does E-2 Visa cost?

A. The fee for an E-2 visa is $270, petition with the USCIS (I-129) costs $325. However, the fees could vary in different cases, so please contact us for an individual precise quote.

Q. What nations are eligible to apply for EB-5 Visa?

A. People from any country may apply for an EB-5 visa. However, people from certain countries such as Iran (under embargo) must also first apply to receive an OFAC license from the Office of Foreign Assets Control.

Please consider although there are no restrictions on countries, there are just 1000 visas available per year, and based on the records most of them are taken by Chinese investors, so applying early is better.

Q. The application process of EB-5 Visa?

A. It could be completed following these steps:

  • Find the business of your interest and approve the investment.

  • Apply for Immigration Petition by Alien Entrepreneur (application form I-526).

  • Apply for the Visa through the USA consulate or USCIS.

  • Get EB-5 visa within 6 months to obtain conditional Green Card.

  • Before approaching the end of the second year, apply for Permanent Green Card through Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions (application form I-829).

Please note that the application can be submitted via USCIS Service Center if you are a lawful resident in the USA, and through the USA consular office in other countries.

Q. How much do I need to invest for EB-5 Visa?

A. The minimum amount of investment for EB-5 Visa is $500,000. However, the threshold of investment amount for EB-5 visa is depended on the location of your project. Choose a Targeted Employment Area (TEA) or Rural Area, then the base investment could be $500,000. Any other area in the USA, the minimum amount of investment is $1,000,000.

Q. How long does it take to get an EB-5 visa?

A. 12 to 18 months, depending on which country you are applying from and how quickly you can collect and approve the required documents.

Q. How much does EB-5 Visa cost?

A. The Eb-5 visa fee includes $1,500 filing fees for the I-526 petition, consular immigrant visa processing fee (varies from country to country), following by filing fees for the I-829 petition, which is $3,750 plus a biometric fee of $85 per each member of your family. Depending on how much and where you are going to invest, the fees vary, so please contact us for an individual precise quote.

Q. What is the difference between "EB-5 direct investment" and "EB-5 regional center investment"?

A. Indirect investment, you should invest at least $1,000,000 and you would have an active involvement in the industry. The good news here is that you would have complete control of the money. In the regional center investment, you need at least $500,000 to be invested. You would have a passive contribution and the money would be managed by someone else. The money here should be invested in high unemployment area of the USA, which is a good option for franchising hotels or restaurants.

3. Green Card

Q. What are the benefits of the Green Card?

A. Could be but not limited to:

  • All lawful permanent residents under the EB-5 Visa enjoy the same benefits as every other U.S. citizen, except for the right to vote and entitlement to certain public benefits.

  • The U.S. is a safe harbor for your family as well as your personal and business investments. Any member of the family with a “Green Card” can enter the U.S. at any time and stay as long as he/she wishes.

  • Investors have constant and easy access to the United States for personal, trade and business purposes.

  • Permanent residents travel to the U.S. without the need for another visa. Investors may work, live, or own their own proprietary business anywhere in the United States.

  • The U.S. has internationally recognized colleges and universities for both basic education and graduate study. As a resident, the investor can benefit from the lower tuition costs.

  • The cost of living in the U.S. is less than most large industrial nations. Consumer goods, services, and housing are significantly less expensive than comparable services and goods in most other countries.

  • Students may work in the U.S. while they attend college and then continue to work afterward, enabling the student to pay part of his education and to work while attending graduate and postgraduate studies.

  • The U.S. provides many financial, social, and education entitlements such as public schools, health and medical attention, social security, and education.

  • The Investor has the ability to apply to bring immediate family members to the U.S. and after the proper application; they can apply for U.S. citizenship.

Q. What is a Conditional” Green Card?

A. A conditional Green Card is a temporary Green Card that is valid for only two years. One year and nine months after it is issued, a three-month window opens up during which an individual must file another application (the I-829 petition) with USCIS to verify that all of the funds have been invested and employment has been created. When the conditional resident status has been lifted, full resident status is granted and a permanent Green Card is issued.

Q. What is the difference between “conditional” and “unconditional” Green Cards?

A. Under the regulations, an investor who is approved for the EB-5 immigrant visa receives a “conditional” Green Card, which must be reissued after two years, subject to removal of conditions. Otherwise, the two cards offer the same rights and privileges.

Q. Who receives the permanent residency (“Green Card”)?

A. Husband, wife and any unmarried children under the age of 21 receive the “Green Card.” It is possible for adopted children to be included in the family. Upon approval, you will receive a form evidencing approval and a travel document. You should also receive a temporary Green Card in the mail.

Q. What is the difference between permanent residency and citizenship?

A. Once you obtain a Green Card and become a lawful permanent resident, you have most of the rights and obligations of United States citizens, except that you cannot vote and you are not entitled to some public benefits. You are subject to the same tax filing requirements and are entitled to the same tax rates and deductions as U.S. citizens. Lawful permanent residents may also be subject to removal for certain criminal convictions. Your ‘Green Card’ is your most important travel and identification document. When your Green Card arrives, look at it carefully. If your Green Card is lost, stolen, or duplicated, you may replace it by filing a form with USCIS.

“Abandonment of Residency” rules are an important restriction to which Lawful Permanent Residents are subject. Abandonment can occur when you are outside of the United States for more than six months without informing the USCIS of your plans in advance. The law provides that you are free to travel abroad, provided that your trip is “temporary”. Generally, USCIS views any absence from the United States for longer than six months as not temporary. Thus, it is advisable to obtain a “re-entry permit” before your departure.

Naturalization is one of the most important opportunities that lawful permanent residents possess. Naturalization is the opportunity to apply for U.S. citizenship after five years. Being a lawful permanent resident for 5 years is one of the basic requirements for qualifying for naturalization. A second requirement is being physically present in the United States for 30 months during the 5 years prior to the naturalization application. Once becoming a United States citizen, an individual is entitled to benefits including the right to vote, hold public office, and cannot be removed from the United States.

Q. If my I-526 petition is approved by USCIS, what is the purpose of the Consulate application and interview, and how soon do I get my “Green Card”?

A. Upon approval of your I-526 Petition, you must wait for notification from the U.S. Consulate in your home country to prepare documents for the EB-5 Visa Interview. The purpose of this procedure is to ensure that the investor and his/her family undergo medical, police, security, and immigration history checks before the conditional permanent resident visa is issued. At the interview, the consular officer may address these issues and information printed on the I-526 application, including asking the investor to summarize the nature of his/her immigrant investment. If the investor and his/her family are in the United States.